MT KIPIPIRI DAY HIKE 02 15/01/2022
Mt Kipipiri Day Hike Adventure
Date:- 15th Jan 2022
Nature of trail:- Circular
Trek distance:- 20KM trek
Duration:- 8-9 hours
Terrain:- Soggy wet & Bushy.
Charges:- Kes 2,800
Meeting point:- Outside International House, Opp Hilton, Nairobi CBD.
Meeting Time:- 5:15Am
Departure time:- 5:30Am
Mt Kipipiri is an isolated Volcano in the Wanjohi Valley, on the Kinangop Plateau between Geta-bushi and Miharati areas. The mountain is detached by mother nature from the Aberdares ranges but shares the same climatic system. This is a higher altitude hike rising to 3400M ASL and approx 20km long with refreshing and picturesque trails and a beautiful summit uplooking Aberdares moorland & Rurimeria peak. The name Kipipiri means “butterfly” in the Gikuyu language. The hike is generally gentle climb but long through undulating trails winding through forest bushes, moorlands and water bogs to the summit with sharp descent beyond. Join us and keep active while experiencing unique atmosphere, fresh air, scenic landscape and magnificent greenery.
1. You must carry your rain coat/Poncho. It rains without warning and the air is chilly. Can gets super cold on the summit!
2. You must have proper and comfortable hiking shoes with a firm sole that can help you gain a steady grip of the trail. The ground is soggy wet and can get slippery.
Cost caters for:-
• Transport on comfortable tour van
• Forest access/Entrance fees
• Armed forest security rangers
• Guide fees & Photography.
• Drinking water
• Comfortable hiking shoes
• Drinking water (at least 2L)
• Trail snacks/bites
• Light Rain jacket
• Spirit of adventure
To register, pay kes 1K by 13th Jan 2022 through Hikers Afrique Paybill No. 897775 - A/C - Mt Kipipiri Hike.
Get in touch with us for more information & inquiries:-
Facebook:- HikersAfrique Instagram:- HikersAfrique
YouTube:- Hikers Afrique
Let's Hike Africa!